Monday, February 06, 2006

jack johnson

A friend of mine put together a 3-4 minute flim-clip that had the images of probably over 100 results of abortions. It was truly powerful, even though I had seen the images before in numerous pamphlets regarding the TRUTH about abortion. The thing about this particular presentation was the lyrics in the music accompanying the images. It was Jack Johnson's "Cookie Jar". I have to say that Jack Johnson is definitely one of my favorite musical artists because of his smooth melodies and profound lyrics. One stanza of his poetry from "Cookie Jar":
"It was you, it was me, it was every man
We've all got the blood on our hands
We only receive what we demand
And if we want hell then hell's what we'll have"
I guess it just made sense with the pro-LIFE movement that has surrounded my life for the past years (in particular the past few weeks). While I don't know where I'm going with my life (career fair is tomorrow! fingers crossed!)...I know I have to keep fighting this inhumanity....because truly: "we only recieve what we demand"...of course all in HIS time.

1 comment:

RC said...

just did a post about some of the lyrics in this song...i think you'd like the post.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com