Monday, July 03, 2006

setting in...

So it is finally coming down to the wire as far as my moving is concerned and I'm starting to realized that while I have so many things to get done...I keep thinking to myself...I'm leaving...for real. I don't know if Chicago will be my home for the next several years. The position that I have is only 12 months...but I could find a job in Chicago if I didn't want to continue for another round with Teach For America. I guess I'm just nervous and therefore not sleeping very much. It is so weird because I know that I'm suppose to be going to Chicago. I struggle with so many things about my future these past 6 months. At the beginning of the year, I seriously thought that I would be staying in Lawrence...then in March, I wanted to go to D.C....and then it was Kansas City for awhile, back to Lawrence...then maybe NYC...and now finally Chicago. For the first time, I had to do something for myself and not because I thought that what somebody wanted me to do. Ask and you shall receive. I certainly believe in this now. I know God answers prayers in three ways: Yes, Not Right Now, and I Have Something Better For You. As far as my job search is concerned...I went through all three of these answers. So to my friends looking for jobs or looking for anything...patience always wins. I just wish I could remember this all the time. :) On a friend's blog she had this activity...so since, I'm no where near sleeping time...I thought this could be a good reflection for me.

1. Choose 15 people from your friends at random.
2. Write something about/to each of them.
3. Don't tell anyone whom the statements are about. Good or bad. No matter how they beg!

  1. I know that the reason you annoy me so much is because I am just like you.
  2. You know "me" the best of anyone I've known
  3. Whenever I see your smiling face, I have to smile myself...
  4. You have a gentle soul.
  5. For some reason you are always on my side...I don't know why...but you are...
  6. You give the best advice
  7. I really miss you
  8. You are the most considerate and courageous person I know
  9. You were the first person to tell me I could make things happen
  10. I will never be able to thank you enough for what you have done for me
  11. I love how you worry about me
  12. See you on Oprah!
  13. How I miss our high-fives and morning gossip...I hope you are well!
  14. I miss our friendship
  15. You are the reason I am where I am...thank you.

2 comments:

rebekah said...

oprah! i heart you!

Robert said...

well...i thought I had left a post several days ago. What--did I guess the answers to all of your people? I know, I know...they're all about me =) no? wow--you have 15 friends? I wish I did...