Wednesday, July 20, 2005

commericial break...

Before I continue with this story that has no purpose besides my own personal stress relief, I thought I would add in a commercial. Well, not an actual commericial...but a discussion of one that is currently being aired on tv. It is the "HANK!" Starbucks commercial for the Double-Shot Espresso drink. While I'm not a huge advocate for Starbucks because of the vast amount of local coffee/espresso/caffeine suppliers in L-town...this "HANK!" commericial is awesome. For those of you who have not seen it you can either sit in front of your television for the next 24 hours...or read my description...

Hank is your average college graduate that is headed to his first big interview. He walks out of his apartment building with the strategically placed Double-Shot Espresso can in his hand, takes a swig, and the music of "Hey!" chimes in. On the side walk appears a packed bleacher stand full of Hank-fans screaming "Hank" instead of "Hey" along with the song. Of course the fans are all coordinated in their Hank-apparel that is accompanied by "Go Hank" pennants and pon-poms. The best part is the mascot-sized replica of Hank that is walking behind him doing what mascots do at football games---including the "worm" move right before Hank walks into his interview.

Shoot, if I had a one-syllable name this would be the perfect start to my day...wait, I guess Starbucks was trying to sell espresso and not personal mascots...hmmm...

No comments: