My parents just left after a little visit w/ me here in Evanston. We were able to go up in the Sears Tower and ride the CTA system for probably about 4 hours total...but it was nice...and the Sears Tower is pretty tall...no lie.
Work is going really well. My RD is really great to work with and my work is what I'm good at...so that helps things. I work long hours, but I think here at the beginning that's expected. I hope that maybe once we get past the first application deadline things will be a little less crazy. Although, I feel on top of things. I think it comes from the fact that I have 10 hours a day to get things done. Shoot, back during the March and Veritas planning...I was trying to find one hour to get things done for both of them, plus I had work and school to deal with as well.
I feel like my RD and I are pretty efficient...and it seems like were ahead of many of the other teams.
The thing that sucks about the long hours is that I don't have that much time during the week to "do things"...but I certainly have to make use of my weekends!
~mitzi
P.S. Don't even get me started on le Tour...what the heck is going on, Floyd?? I really don't know who to believe...Greg LeMond (3-time Tour champion) has come out saying that Floyd just needs to own up for the good of the sport...and for the good of American athletes who compete on foriegn soil. Interesting fact: Floyd is the second former Lance teammate to be suspended ...Tyler Hamilton has also failed a drug test...crazy times.
2 comments:
What's with the whole "my work is what I'm good at"?? Uh...I think you're good at a lot more than your work! But maybe that's not what you meant...maybe you just meant you are good at your work. In that case, ok, I'll let you go with that =)
Thanks for passing your parents onto us--we'll try to keep them entertained, even though we don't have any tall towers to take them up in (but we do have a grandkid...do you think they will be happy with that??)
Hey, the Sears Tower was tall when I visited it too! Amazing!
Post a Comment